|2014 Honda CTX700N and CTX700 will be available soon from Southern Honda Powersports|
We at Southern Honda Powersports were pleasantly surprised with the introduction of the Honda CTX700N and CTX700 models and we are really looking forward to hitting the roads around Chattanooga on this bike. Both options take on their own personality. The 2014 CTX700N exudes boulevard cruiser seating position but looks like a modern motorcycle. If you look at the lines on the bike you see an appealing shape that will look just as good downtown Chattanooga as it will downtown Atlanta. The seat height makes the bike VERY accessible to a wide variety of riders.
|2014 Honda CTX700N ready to cruise Chattanooga.|
This smooth-running fuel-injected engine pumps out loads of low-end and midrange torque to simplify launching from stops even with the optional six-speed manual gearbox, and there's enough power on tap for wherever the road may lead. Beneath the fuel tank cover, there's a handy glove box area, and the fuel is carried beneath. All in all, the CTX700N is an amazingly affordable, fun, friendly and comfortable bike that is perfect for everyday rides, weekend trips, two-up exploring or just about anything else you can dream up.
The CTX700 is the next version in the CTX series sporting a full fairing in front of the rider. Some are screaming "DN-01" but if the NC700X and NC700X DCT are any indication, we are in for a MUCH better bike. The DN-01 never had a manual transmission available. It also did not have the DCT transmission. Some would say it was also ugly as sin. The CTX700 is a much better looking, much more modern interpretation of a low seat, feet forward, faired motorcycle. Hard bags are available as well for those that need extra storage. These are similar bags to the excellent setup on the NC700X.
|2014 CTX700 in red from Southern Honda Powersports|
CTX700 and CTX700N intro video on our YouTube Channel
Features & Benefits
- Sophisticated liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque in the low-end and midrange for easily accessible power.
- An impressively broad torque curve gives the CTX700N a linear and smooth power delivery.
- A relatively long engine stroke (80.0mm combined with a 73.0mm bore) and a high-inertia crankshaft are design elements that add to the CTX700N's extremely tractable power characteristics.
- The 62-degree forward lean given to the cylinder assembly facilitates near-vertical mounting of the single 36mm throttle body for superior intake port positioning and shaping. In addition, special shaping to the combustion chambers further enhance engine combustion efficiency for clean burning and optimal power production.
- An engine balancer shaft quells vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted footrests add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
Two Model Options:
- CTX700ND with DCT/ABS features a second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sport riding and D for everyday use.
- DCT model also features and Antilock Braking System (ABS) to provide full antilock functionality for powerful and secure braking action.
- CTX700N features a manual six-speed transmission.
- Low seat height, along with the new Honda parallel-twin engine design, creates a very low center of gravity, making the CTX700N feel remarkably nimble and fun to ride.
- Fuel capacity of 3.17 gallons and great fuel economy give the CTX700N a long cruising range.
- A rigid and compact diamond-shape steel frame, low center of gravity and plush suspension help make the CTX700N responsive, agile and enjoyable to ride all day.
- Stout 41mm front fork provides 4.2 inches of travel, while the Pro-Link® rear suspension system delivers 4.3 inches of wheel travel.
- A remarkably low seat height of 28.3 inches helps instill rider confidence.
- Open, roomy ergonomics position the rider in a well-balanced seating position for all-day comfort and fun.
- A large array of available accessories allows owners to add just the right combination of capabilities to suit individual preferences and expand their adventures.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Tall Windscreen (cowl version only), Heated Grips, Heated Grips Attachment, Saddlebags, Saddlebag Stay, Saddlebag Panel (color-matched), Rear Carrier, Backrest, Backrest Bracket, Sub Harness, Accessory Socket, Chrome Master Cylinder Cover, Chrome License Plate Frame
Accessories subject to change.
2014 Honda CTX700N/CTX700ND with DCT and ABS Specifications
|Model:||CTX700N / CTX700ND with automatic Dual Clutch Transmission and ABS|
|Engine Type:||670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin|
|Bore and Stroke:||73.0mm x 80.0mm|
|Valve Train:||SOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Induction:||PGM-FI with 36mm throttle body|
|Ignition:||Digital transistorized with electronic advance|
|Transmission:||Six-speed (CTX700N) / Automatic six-speed with two modes and a manual mode (CTX700ND)|
|Suspension||Front: 41mm fork; 4.2 inches travel|
Rear: Pro-Link single shock; 4.3 inches travel
|Brakes||Front: Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper (CTX700N) / Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper; ABS (CTX700ND)|
Rear: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper (CTX700N) / Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper; ABS (CTX700ND)
|Rake (Caster angle):||27.7°|
|Trail:||114.0mm (4.4 inches)|
|Seat Height:||28.3 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||3.17 gallons|
|Estimated Fuel Economy**:||TBD MPG|
|Colors:||Candy Red, Black (CTX700N) / Black (CTX700ND)|
|Curb Weight*:||478.4 pounds (CTX700N) / 500.4 pounds (CTX700ND)|
Southern Honda Powersports, The World's Largest Honda dealer.